If you are looking for a solution to connect your HP laptop to a projector, you have come to the right place. Connecting your laptop to a projector may seem like a tough task, but it’s actually really easy.
This article will provide tips and tricks to help you find the right solution for your particular needs.
To magnify the user experience on the small screen is one of the challenging tasks for every one of us. Because of this, we need to help with a projector to project the screen of our laptop, mobile, or desktop to share it with the bigger screen. With this, we need the projector. Mainly, here we are with the HP brand and the tutorial is on how to connect the hp laptop to the projector using HDMI.
Among the top laptop brands in the world, HP is one of the most trusted and selling brands in the world. If you are using a laptop from this brand, then you must have to read this post once. As we all know that, connecting the projector with the laptop helps to share the screen of our laptop to the projector for a bigger screen.
From the initial days, we found the use of the projector. So, the same thing and purpose for all of this the project the screen of our HP laptop to a bigger audience that can be used either for home entertainment, presentation or any.
Easy Steps: How to Connect HP Laptop to Projector using HDMI
Although most HP laptop features both HDMI and VGA Port for external connection sometimes because of physical damage on our VGA port or vice versa makes us think about other methods. So, they base this method of connecting the HP laptop with an HDMI cable.
If your HP laptop VGA Port is not working, then you have still an option to connect hp laptop using an HDMI cable. For that, you need to check these simple step.
Method I – Automatic Process/ Works on Windows 10
On the first method, follow,
- Turn off your laptop, Connect the projector and laptop with the same Video cable. Connect the HDMI cable in the HDMI port of the Laptop and another end to the projector.
- Power the plug/ power on your projector. Make sure you have connected the cable on both sides correctly.
- Turn on your laptop, your hp laptop and projector get connected automatically.
- Finally Done.
Now you can share the screen of your laptop with the projector for a bigger screen experience.
Method II – Works on Windows 8, 8.1 and 7
If this automatic process doesn’t work on your hp laptop, then you need to follow these steps that may work in your case.
- At first, connect the laptop and projector with the HDMI cable.
- Keep on holding the Windows and P on the keyboard of your HP laptop, this will open the Display options on your HP laptop.
- Choose/ select the “Duplicate” option from the display option, choose this to share the screen of your laptop with the projector.
- Finally Done.
- From the Display options, you can choose the ‘Extend’ option too. This option projects the screen only on the projector by closing your laptop screen.
It’s one of the most effective options that I got on how to connect hp laptop to the projector using HDMI. If you want to duplicate the laptop screen on the projector, then you can choose the Duplicate option. If not, then you can choose the Extend option to transfer the laptop’s screen to the projector as a second monitor.
Method III – HP Laptop older than Win 7 (XP)
After making a right connection between the projector and your old HP laptop you need to follow these simple steps,
- Go to the Graphic Options from the settings or by short keys.
- Choose the Output To option from this graphic options.
- Now choose on Intel Dual Display Clone
- Choose Monitor + Notebook
- Finally Done.
By following these 3 methods you can solve the problem of how to connect hp laptop to projector using an HDMI cable. After project, if you have to close the projector/ disconnect then simply go to the ‘Display Options’ and then select Computer only. This will restore your screen to your laptop and it’s normal.